I’ve been wanting to upgrade my machine for the past few months, and today I finally pulled the trigger. I had been wanting to upgrade from my older CPU (AMD FX-8350) was slowing my whole system down.
The following should be arriving tomorrow:
- Corsair CC-9011100-WW Carbide Series 400Q V2 Mid-Tower ATX Silent Computer Case with Fan Controller – Black
- AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Desktop CPU – AM4/Hex Core/GHz/16MB/65W
- ASUS PRIME X370-PRO AMD X370 S AM4 DDR4 SATA3 ATX Motherboard – Black
- Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) Vengeance LPX DDR4 Memory Kit – Black
- Corsair CP-9020091-UK RM650x 650 W 80 Plus Gold Certified Modular 135 mm Thermally Controlled Fan Power Supply Unit – Black
And these components join my graphics card I bought a while ago
- Gigabyte Radeon RX 480 G1 Gaming 8GB – graphics cards (Active, ATX, AMD, Radeon RX 480, GDDR5, PCI Express x16 3.0)
I’m aiming for a quieter case and fans as my room gets rather loud, but we’ll see how that comes out.
Putting together PC parts is never really that fun, I’m terrible with wires and airflow.
The new motherboard has the option for SLI, so another graphics card might be something I add later, although likely that will need a bumped up PSU.
Next big item on my list would be a VR headset, it’ll likely be a HTC Vive. Perhaps in a month or two!